In 1922, Luisa Casati acquired the Palais Rose�previously owned by the poet and dandy the Comte Robert de Montesquiou, this elegant mansion of red marble was situated in the exclusive enclave of Le Vésinet just outside of Paris. There, the Marchesa transformed a detached pavilion into a private art gallery devoted to the glorification of her own image. Within this sanctum, visitors could view more than one hundred and thirty renderings of Casati by master artists in oil, ink, pastel, clay, bronze and wax. It is no wonder that the Marchesa�s residence became known as her very own Palais du rêve�Luisa�s dream palace.

 
 


Contact The Casati Archives to license any images from this gallery for any purpose whatsoever (including, but not limited to print or Internet use). The rights to all images on this Web site are owned by The Casati Archives. None of these materials may be reproduced, transmitted, copied or distributed in any manner for commercial or personal use. Without prior written consent from The Casati Archives, any such unauthorised activity will be treated as a breach of copyright and legal action will be taken to protect these rights. This includes the usage of pirated images for commercial and non-commercial purposes obtained via Internet image searches. Please refer to the final paragraph at the Casati bio page for a fuller description of copyright infringement issues.

 

Copyright © The Casati Archives. All rights reserved.